11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2011 8:39 PM by bgalvan RSS

remote code for SKY Thomson S12M-T

robbchia

looking to control my Sky box but its not listed.  What do I do?

Apreciate the help.

• Re: remote code for SKY Thomson S12M-T
          alanrichey42 Master

I can probably build a Custom Remote but I have never heard of the Sky boxes not being available when you run the Video Setup.

If you select 'Sky' as the Manufacturer what models do you get ?   Do none of them work ?

Atahualpa

I have a sky box (I'm in Nicaragua), philips, I think but I'm not sure about the exact model. I've tried all the "sky" settings, "philips" settings, etc and I can't get anything to control this box.

I see the download that's linked in the previous posts, but I'm not sure what to do once it's downloaded. Also, I'm no a mac, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Any help at all would be great!

Thx,

Teresa

eferz Expert

The file you downloaded is a zip file.  It contains files inside them.  One of the files is labeled "readme.txt" and it contains the instructions on what to do.

alanrichey42 Master

Atahualpa wrote:

I have a sky box (I'm in Nicaragua), philips, I think but I'm not sure about the exact model. I've tried all the "sky" settings, "philips" settings, etc and I can't get anything to control this box.

I see the download that's linked in the previous posts, but I'm not sure what to do once it's downloaded. Also, I'm no a mac, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Any help at all would be great!

Thx,

Teresa

Is there not a label somewhere on the box that tells you the model number ?   Or is it in the manual ?

Gustavojarquin

Hi everybody,

I aldready appreciate your answers, thanks also Alan if you can help me with this.

I have a satellite receiver in Mexico. It is sold by the media company Televisa with SKY (as its satellite payed service). In the box is said that the model was imported from Thomson in Indianapolis: S12M-T. I have tried with several models from Thomson, Sky and Phillips but no one of them is working. I tried to create my virtual remote control with the website betaremotes, and i go trough all the steps, but at the end of the road when i try the buttons at the virtual it doesn't work. I downloaded this zip sky_S12M-T.zip from one of the forums (i think it was Alan that uploaded). I copied the bin files in the SBAV folder, and then i tried to configure the remote with the Slingplayer program, so i can select Thomson, then "other" model, "custom" and then S2010, the system accept it (so the name is ok) but i can't make it work. Slingbox support in Canada told me today there is anything else they can do, as i am in mexico and maybe i would have to wait for the new version of the player (hoping it will have this model). Do you have any suggestions, i think i can also go al the way through to make my own bin file, programing an JP1...but i have to startby buying the USB connection.

I used a digital camera to see if the IR blaster is sending the signal to the sat. receiver, but i see no light blinking on it. So i'm not even sure that the IR is getting the instructions from the program. The firewall is already open for the slingbox in the router (2wire),but i don't know if it is working properly. Any ideas ? thanks for all. 

bgalvan

I just got my Slingbox Pro-HD and tried to configure the remote for sky Mexico, the model I got is a Thomson S12M-T, after checking the Sky Universal remote's manual I noticed a list of codes for the satellite box:

Philips "Legacy" 5000

Thomson SLM-200 5000

Pace 5001

UEC (SKY+) 5002

Thomson S12 5003

Philips S12 5003

Motorola 5003

Zenith 5003

I tried the last four brands as they share the same code, I skipped Thomson and Philips because they have a lot of model options, the other two brand worked like a charm with my Sky Satellite box.

Brand: Zenith

Model: 124225

Brand: Motorola

Model: Sky

Hope this helps.

Ben